Tuesday 7 April 2015

New Music 2

This is the second post in my new music series; each week i try out some new music. This week it isn't hip hop like The Mouse Outfit but it is modern alternative jazz. This band from melbourne is called The Cat Empire. I know, what's up with me choosing bands that have animals in their name? I discovered them when i was looking at the line up for The Secret Garden Party. I only realised that the album i have been listening to was released in 2003 but i still love it. All the songs have jazz instrumental parts or repeating rhythms on saxophones, trumpets and trombones. I love the reggae style beats on some on the songs and the stories told in the singing. The heavy bass line and sudden changes in the music will make up want to dance. I can listen to their music while i do my homework because it is so upbeat. My favourite songs are Beanni and How To Explain. Beanni is a very jazz/big band song with a jazzy, happy feel to it. How to Explain has funny lyrics and the catchiest chorus ever with random synchronised sounds and a small raps.

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig